A blog for America's neighbour to the north that support Mitt Romney and what he stands for. As the U.S.'s closest friend and ally Canada is greatly affected by U.S. policy and politics.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Exodus 23:1 - "Thou shalt not raise a false report"

Mike Huckabee said that he didn't know a lot about Mormons but then 'innocently' (aka purposely) remarked "but don't they believe that Jesus and the Devil are brothers?".

Well, I don't know much about Mike Huckabee's ethics, "but didn't he lie about having a theology degree?" (amongst many other things).

I remember when I was younger I would attend dances for young adults at my church and there was this guy that would lie to girls while slow-dancing with them by telling them that he had two degrees, even though he had absolutely no post-secondary education whatsoever. This would impress some girls, as would his temporary charm. However, on one occasion a friend of mine asked him what university he attended, and his reply was coincidental, because she just happened to go to the same he claimed to go to. Upon asking him a few more "searching" questions, she determined that he was lying through his teeth and that he was obviously seeking attention, even if his means to do so were more than pathetic. I always had little respect for this guy who had to lie to try and get people to like him.

However, I never expected that a man who one day hopes to become president of the most powerful nation on earth would stoop to this sad sad level (I guess I shouldn't assume that after Clinton). But Mike Huckabee did. Oh yes, I heard him with my own two ears say in the republican debate something to the tune of "as the only one here with a theology degree....yadda, yadda". Well, it turn outs that he only attended one year of seminary. Heck I took more religious school than Huckleberry-Liar. I guess they must have covered the 9th commandment about bearing false witness in the 2nd year of seminary! He didn't know much about Mormons either (his words, not mine), but in the 1998 was a key speaker at a baptist convention in Salt Lake City. Riiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttt Mikey, like we're supposed to believe that one! He takes the public for fools. If anyone is seriously considering voting for this joker, take a good look, because you won't be seeing much of Huck after he gets demolished in non-Evangelical based states and you end up voting Giuliani into power.

Check out the Huckabee's little fib at:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2007/12/019282.php

No comments: